Below are some pictures from the event.
Just wanted to give you all the numbers of the recycling items we collected as part of last weekend’s Valley Ranch’s 2nd Recycle Event of 2012.
The turnout was moderately decent and paper shredding was one of the highlights. The turnout was comparatively less as there were multiple recycle events in the Metroplex area.
Items collected & recycled:
- Paper Shredded by Magic Shred: 1260 Lbs
- Electronics Recycled by STS Recycling: 783 Lbs
- Printing Ink Cartridges: 100 pieces (inclusive of small individual cartridges & toners)
- Batteries: 2 full staples (A4 paper) boxes filled completely with all kinds of alkaline residential use batteries.
- Wire Coat Hangers: 2 Medium size boxes full of wire coat hangers
- Styrofoam Peanuts: 1 Medium size box full
- Prescription Eyeglasses: 2 pieces
I wanted to especially thank Sandy, Deb, Judy, Nancy, the CCMC team, Cowboy Rick-a-roo from the Marketting Committee & the Ranchview High School volunteers for helping us out and make this event a successful one. I appreciate all your time and efforts, Judy without you running and getting hold of the paper shredding truck we couldn’t have made all this possible.
If you are interested in being a part of a the Valley Ranch Go Green Committee and want to give back to your community or have any green ideas for Valley Ranch come see us at next meeting in 2013. To know more, call the Valley Ranch Association at (972) 869-1430.